FAQs – Residential Support Program
What is the process for admission?
The McLean Houston OCD Program is a voluntary residential support program. Because of this, we require the patient to contact the clinic to start the admission process by calling us at 713-526-5055.
- Speak with the clinic and let them know you are interested in the residential support program. Basic information will be collected and an invitation to our client portal with paperwork will be sent to your email.
- Submit the paperwork through the portal and call the clinic back or wait for us to contact you to schedule a phone assessment with one of our team members
- After your phone assessment has been completed, our team will contact any prior and/or current providers and review relevant records in order to make an admission decision
- If admission is recommended, a final assessment is scheduled with a behavior therapist
- If a fit for our program, we will schedule an admission date
What is included in the Residential Support Program?
- Two to three one-hour sessions per week with your assigned behavioral therapist
- One family therapy session per week with our family therapist
- Psychiatric services as needed (on average one session every 1-2 weeks)
- 10+ weekly psycho-educational groups per week
- 14 staff-supported exposure and response prevention groups (2 hours each) per week
- 24-hour support from our residential counselors
- Room and board including food
Do you accept insurance?
We do not accept payment from third party providers (e.g. insurance or loan companies). However, our families can contract with SJ Health Insurance Advocates, a company that assists families in receiving reimbursement from their insurance companies (reimbursement varies based on individual’s plan/policy) for a small fee. Please contact us at should you have any additional questions regarding the insurance reimbursement process.
Click here for more information about SJ Health Insurance Advocates and insurance options.
You may also find this article helpful in with this process:
What forms of payment do you accept?
Cash, check, or credit cards are appreciated at the time of service. Clients are responsible for all fees.
How long does your Residential Support Program last?
Average length of stay is 6-10 weeks but is individually tailored for each patient.
What kind of follow-up do you offer for those who complete your Residential Support Program?
Different options include:
- Individuals in the Houston area can step-down into our outpatient level of care
- We can work in conjunction with previous treatment providers to assist in continuity of care
- If the client is out of state, we can refer to an outpatient provider near their location to provide continuity of care
What symptoms are not appropriate for your Residential Support Program?
If an active primary diagnosis taking precedence is out of our level of expertise, we may ask individuals to seek care for these conditions elsewhere. If it would be appropriate to return to our care (as determined by our team) this may be possible after treatment has been completed for referring diagnosis. These diagnoses include:
- Active addictions
- Active eating disorders
- Active suicidality
For those individuals who have received treatment for these conditions (i.e., are in recovery) and would like some continued support during their anxiety treatment, we have the ability to work with additional outpatient specialists (e.g., addictions counselors, eating disorder specialists, etc.) as needed.
Are my family members allowed to visit me in the Residential Support Program?
Families are invited to visit, share their experiences, and learn how to support the client in maintaining gains per the clinic’s policies in place at the time. Family treatment includes family therapy and/or other contact with our family therapist. Visitors are expected to follow all the program guidelines.
- Due to the COVID19 outbreak, our visitation policy has changed. Please refer to our COVID19 guidelines and ask about our current policy in place at the time of your admission.
What should I bring (or not bring) if I am staying in the Residential Support Program?
- Washer/Dryer onsite for residents
- Laundry detergent provided for residents
- Bed linens, towels, and pillows are provided
- Personal care items
- Cell phone
- No telephones are available for residents
What is the food like if I am staying in the Residential Support Program?
- The residence has a full kitchen for prep and cooking
- Residents are expected to prepare their own breakfast and lunch daily
- Residents and staff decide on weekly dinners during our community meeting every Thursday afternoon
- Family style prepared dinners are provided
- Residents are welcome to opt out and prepare their own meals if preferred over staff meals
- While we try to meet everyone’s meal preferences during community meetings, we do not accommodate special diets or food allergies. In these instances, patients are responsible for preparing their own meals.
- Two times per week, residents and staff eat food out during our bi-weekly outings outing (outings are dependent to current policies in place)
What do residents do for recreation?
Houston is the country’s third largest city, and there are many opportunities for recreation. Within a few miles of the clinic, there are museums, the Houston zoo, an outdoor theater, movie theaters, parks, and jogging trails. There are two scheduled recreational outings each week our residents can choose to attend. Residents meet each week to decide on outings for the upcoming week.
Is there an exercise facility on site?
There is an exercise facility on site. Additionally, there are several gyms in the area, and many will waive the initiation fee for individuals coming from out of town (please defer to current policies in place around what is allowed at the time of your admission). In addition, there are a few places that offer bike rentals and there are several nearby walking/jogging trails.
Are there hotels nearby?
Sarah’s Bed & Breakfast Inn
941 Heights Blvd, Houston, TX 77008
4602 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 7700
5820 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77007
Courtyard Houston Brookhollow
2504 N Loop W Fwy, Houston, TX 77092
SpringHill Suites Houston Brookhollow
2750 N Loop W, Houston, TX 77092