Residential Support Program
We are offering PHP with Residential Support services in person. Please click HERE to learn more about our Residential Support Program. When enrolled in our residential support program in-person, all patients will receive our PHP programming 7 days per week. To learn more about the PHP, please see the content below.
Due to the COVID19 outbreak, we are not currently offering day PHP services in person. We will resume our day PHP programming services when it is safe to do so.
To schedule your intake for the PHP with residential support program or any of our other available services, call us directly at 713-526-5055 or by clicking HERE.
We offer a highly specialized Residential Support Program for adults with severe OCD and other anxiety-related disorders. Individuals enrolled in our PHP with Residential Support Program participate in our Partial Hospitalization Programming (PHP) while residing in an independent living environment that includes room and board and round-the-clock staff support 7 days per week.
The homelike environment of the clinic increases the opportunity to practice exposures in realistic situations and to build confidence in maintaining gains and achieving personal goals. While we provide 24-hour staff support, residents are expected to manage their own activities of daily living (ADL’s). The Residential Support Program at McLean OCD Institute // Houston is designed to assist individuals in transitioning into a more productive lifestyle by providing practical training in life skills aimed at enhancing independence and functionality. Each day, individuals in the program receive support in carrying out their behavioral treatment plans with our experienced team of residential counselors. The staff is specially trained to help clients with OCD to enhance response prevention, assist with “ritual free” activities of daily living, and implement behavioral therapy techniques.
Treatment programming includes the following:
- Three individual sessions with a cognitive behavioral therapist
- Weekly family therapy as needed
- Weekly visits with the staff psychiatrist as needed
- Four hours of exposure and response prevention per day, tailored to the individual. This includes one to one staff supported exposure work throughout the week in addition to independent and group work
- 24-hour Staff Support
Individuals who may benefit from Residential OCD treatment include:
- Individuals with moderate to severe OCD or other anxiety disorders;
- Individuals who require some additional support managing their symptoms;
- Individuals who have tried weekly outpatient therapy in the past without sufficient progress;
- Individuals who live outside of Houston and would prefer to stay in a homelike environment
Click HERE to view a sample of our residential support programming.
Our intensive OCD treatment programs are not appropriate for individuals who have active addictions, active eating disorders, and/or are actively suicidal. For these individuals, we recommend an inpatient setting (see Resources).