Residential Support Program
OUR RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT PROGRAM WILL BE RE-OPENING ON JUNE 1st FOR NEW AND EXISTING PATIENTS AND WE ARE ACTIVELY CONDUCTING PHONE SCREENINGS FOR ADMISSION. WE ARE STILL OFFERING OUR INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT AND OUTPATIENT SERVICES THROUGH A FULLY ONLINE/VIRTUAL FORMAT DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK. To schedule your intake for the residential support program or any of our other services, call us directly at 713-526-5055 or by clicking HERE.
We offer a highly specialized Residential Support Program for adults with severe OCD and other anxiety-related disorders. Individuals in the Residential Support Program participate in our Partial Hospitalization programming (PHP) seven days per week while residing in an independent living environment that includes room and board and round-the-clock staff support. The homelike environment of the clinic increases the opportunity to practice exposures in realistic situations and to build confidence in maintaining gains and achieving personal goals. While we provide 24-hour staff support, residents are expected to manage their own activities of daily living (ADL’s). The Residential Support Program at McLean OCD Institute // Houston is designed to assist individuals in transitioning into a more productive lifestyle by providing practical training in life skills aimed at enhancing independence and functionality. Each day, individuals in the program receive support in carrying out their behavioral treatment plan with our experienced team of residential counselors. The staff is especially trained to help clients with OCD to enhance response prevention, assist with “ritual free” activities of daily living, and implement behavioral therapy techniques.
Treatment programming includes the following:
- Three individual sessions with a cognitive behavioral therapist
- Weekly family therapy as needed
- Weekly visits with the staff psychiatrist as needed
- Four hours of exposure and response prevention per day, tailored to the individual. This includes one to one staff supported exposure work throughout the week in addition to independent and group work
- 24-hour Staff Support
Individuals who may benefit from Residential OCD treatment include:
- Individuals with moderate to severe OCD or other anxiety disorders;
- Individuals who require some additional support managing their symptoms;
- Individuals who have tried weekly outpatient therapy in the past without sufficient progress;
- Individuals who live outside of Houston and would prefer to stay in a homelike environment
Our intensive OCD treatment programs are not appropriate for individuals who have active addictions, active eating disorders, and/or are actively suicidal. For these individuals, we recommend an inpatient setting (see Resources).