FAQs – Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
What is the process for admission?
- A phone intake assessment is conducted with each client prior to admission including collection of needed documents.
- If a fit for our program, we will schedule an admission date
What is included in the Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)?
- Two one-hour sessions with assigned behavioral therapist per week
- One family therapy session per week
- 5+ weekly psycho-educational groups
- 14 staff-supported exposure and response prevention groups (2 hours each)
Do you accept insurance?
McLean OCD Institute // Houston is a self-pay treatment program. We do not accept payment from third party providers (e.g. insurance or loan companies). Families can contract with SJ Health Insurance Advocates, who can assist families, for a fee, in receiving some reimbursement from their insurance companies. SJ Health Insurance Advocates will verify benefits, request authorization for services, and bill the insurance company so that families may receive reimbursement from their insurance company. The amount of reimbursement varies based upon what services are authorized, as well as an individual’s specific plan and policy. We cannot guarantee reimbursement, but SJ Health Insurance Advocates will assist you in accessing what reimbursement is available. Please contact us at (713) 526-5055 should you have any additional questions regarding the insurance reimbursement process.
Click here for more information about SJ Health Insurance Advocates and insurance options.
What forms of payment do you accept?
Cash, check, or credit cards are appreciated at the time of service. Clients are responsible for all fees.
How long do your Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) last?
- Average length of stay is 1-3 months
- Length of stay may be shorter/ longer depending on symptom severity
What kind of follow-up do you offer for those who complete your Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)?
Different options include:
- Individuals in the Houston area can step-down into our outpatient level of care
- We can work in conjunction with previous treatment provider to assist in continuity of care
- If the client is out of state, we can refer to an outpatient provider near their location to provide continuity of care at a less intensive level
What symptoms are not appropriate for your Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)?
If an active primary diagnosis taking precedence is out of our level of expertise, we may ask individuals to seek care for these conditions elsewhere. If it would be appropriate to return to our care (as determined by our team) this may be possible after treatment has been completed for referring diagnosis. These diagnoses include:
- Active addictions
- Active eating disorders
- Active suicidality
For those individuals who have received treatment for these conditions (i.e., are in recovery) and would like some continued support during their anxiety treatment, we have the ability to work with additional outpatient specialists (e.g., addictions counselors, eating disorder specialists, etc.) as needed.
Are there hotels nearby?
Sarah’s Bed & Breakfast Inn
941 Heights Blvd, Houston, TX 77008
4602 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 7700
5820 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77007
Courtyard Houston Brookhollow
2504 N Loop W Fwy, Houston, TX 77092
SpringHill Suites Houston Brookhollow
2750 N Loop W, Houston, TX 77092