For the second year in a row, McLean OCD Institute // Houston is excited to host the Behavior Therapy Training Institute this weekend, April 22nd-24th! This training program is designed for treatment providers who are interested in working with clients with OCD and anxiety disorders. BTTI is sponsored by the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) and directed by C. Alec Pollard, PhD. In addition to Dr. Pollard, the other faculty delivering the training include:
Program Director, McLean OCD Institute // Houston
Constantina H. Boudouvas, LCSW
Private Practice in Houston, TX
Assistant Professor, Menninger Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine
Psychiatrist, McLean OCD Institute // Houston
Co-Director of Research, McLean OCD Institute // Houston
Partner, Behavior Therapy of Houston
Alec Pollard, PhD
Director, Center for OCD & Anxiety-Related Disorders, Saint Louis Behavioral Medicine Institute
Professor Emeritus of Community and Family Medicine, Saint Louis University
Melinda Stanley, PhD
Professor and Head, Division of Psychology, Baylor College of Medicine
The McIngvale Family Chair in Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Research
Aureen Wagner, PhD
Founder, Anxiety Wellness Center, Cary, NC
Adjunct Associate Professor of Psychiatry, UNC Chapel Hill School of Medicine
Learning objectives of the BTTI include:
- Participants will be able to accurately diagnose Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
- Participants will be able to design and implement Cognitive Behavioral interventions for OCD, particularly exposure and response prevention.
- Participants will understand the role of pharmacotherapy in the treatment of OCD and will have knowledge of the agents used in its treatment.
- Participants will be able to develop treatment plans for children and adolescents who have OCD.
- Participants will understand comorbidity and the Obsessive Compulsive Spectrum and treatment applications therein.
- Participants will be able to develop a plan to aid individuals with treatment resistant OCD including the use of Motivational Interviewing techniques and other strategies for managing treatment resistant OCD and OC Spectrum Disorders.
Participants will apply knowledge gained in the educational portion of the institute during small group studies of case examples.
Where:Houston Marriott West Loop by the Galleria
1750 West Loop S
Houston, Texas 77027