Chad Brandt, PhD
Dr. Brandt received his Ph.D. in clinical psychology from the University of Houston and completed his predoctoral fellowship at the Baylor College of Medicine. Dr. Brandt is a licensed clinical psychologist in the state of Texas and specializes in severe to extreme cases of OCD. Dr. Brandt is a certified provider of the Bergen 4-Day Treatment (B4DT) and uses his training in the B4DT as well as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to develop and implement personalized and intensive OCD treatment to help people move on from OCD and return to their lives.
Expertise/Clinical and Research Interests:
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Specific phobias
- Social anxiety disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Depressive disorders
- Coping with chronic health conditions
Education and Fellowships:
- Ph.D. – Clinical Psychology, University of Houston, 2017
Dissertation: HIV Anxiety Reduction/Management Program (HAMRT): A Proof-of-Concept Test
- M.A. – Psychology, University of Houston, 2013
- B.S. – Social Work, Loyola University of Chicago, 2009
- Post-doctoral fellow, McLean OCD Institute // Houston, 2017-2018
Licensure and Certifications:
- Licensed clinical psychologist, Texas State board of examiners of psychologists, 2018; license #37048
Certified provider of the Bergen 4-Day Treatment (B4DT)
- 34. Paulus, D. J., Brandt, C. P., Lemaire, C., & Zvolensky, M. J. (in press). Trajectory of Change in Anxiety Sensitivity in Relation to Anxiety, Depression, and Quality of Life among Persons Living with HIV/AIDS following Transdiagnostic Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.
- 33. Brandt C.P., Deavers F., Hundt N.E., Fletcher T.L., Cully J.A. (in press). The impact of integrating physical health into brief CBT approach for medically ill veterans. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings.
- 32. Dindo, L., Brandt, C.P., Fieldorowicz, J. (in press). Cross-sectional relations between psychological inflexibility and symptoms of depression and anxiety among adults reporting migraines or risk factors for cardiovascular disease. Journal of Behavioral and Contextual Sciences.
- 31. Rogers, A. H., Bakhshaie, J., Horenstein, A., Brandt, C. P., Heimberg, R. G., & Zvolensky, M. J. (in press). Emotion dysregulation in the experience of pain among persons living with HIV/AIDS. AIDS Care.
- 30. Brandt, C.P., Paulus, D.J., Lopez-Gamundi, P., Green, C., Lemaire, C., & Zvolensky, M.Z. (in press). HIV Anxiety Reduction/Management Program (HAMRT): A Proof-of-Concept Test. AIDS Care.
Media, Honors and Awards:
- 2019 – Fox and Friends: World Vitiligo Conference
- 2019 – The OCD Stories Podcast: Dr. Chad Brandt (embed link)
- 2019 – Dr. Chad Brandt’s YouTube channel
- Career Development Travel Award ($500): Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA; April, 2015)
- Runner-Up: University of Houston Graduate and Professional Studies Program TED-Style Talk Competition (October, 2014)
- Charles and Carol Spielberger Scholarship ($5000): American Psychological Foundation and Council of Graduate Departments of Psychology
- David Pilon Scholarship for Training in Professional Psychology ($1000): American Psychological Association of Graduate Students (2014)
- Full Scholarship (Including tuition, travel, room, and board): Principals of HIV & STD Research Course. University of Washington (2014)