The McLean OCD Institute // Houston hosts an intensive Behavior Therapy Training Institute!
The Behavior Therapy Institute role is to help train therapists from all over the country and abroad to help meet the need of well trained therapists in cognitive behavioral treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD). The training is sponsored by the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) and directed by Dr. Alec Pollard. The faculty providing the BTTI training in Houston are:
Thröstur Björgvinsson, PhD, ABPP
Director, McLean OCD Institute // Houston
Joyce Davidson, MD
Assistant Professor at the Department of Psychiatry, Baylor College of Medicine
Bruce Mansbridge, PhD
Director, Austin Center for the Treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
Alec Pollard, PhD
Behavioral Medicine Institute
Professor of Family and Community Medicine, Saint Louis University
Director, Anxiety Disorder Center, Saint Louis Behavioral Medicine Institute
Melinda Stanley, PhD
Professor and Head, Division of Psychology, Baylor College of Medicine
The McIngvale Family Chair in Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Research
Menninger Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Constantina H. Boudouvas, LCSW
Private Practice in Houston, Texas
Aureen Wagner, PhD
Founder, Anxiety Wellness Center, Cary, NC
The objective of the BTTI is to teach participants to:
- Participants will be able to accurately diagnose Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
- Participants will be able to design and implement Cognitive Behavioral interventions for OCD, particularly exposure and response prevention.
- Participants will understand the role of pharmacotherapy in the treatment of OCD and will have knowledge of the agents used in its treatment.
- Participants will be able to develop treatment plans for children and adolescents who have OCD.
- Participants will understand comorbidity and the Obsessive Compulsive Spectrum and treatment applications therein.
- Participants will be able to develop a plan to aid individuals with treatment resistant OCD including the use of Motivational Interviewing techniques and other strategies for managing treatment resistant OCD and OC Spectrum Disorders.
- Participants will apply knowledge gained in the educational portion of the institute during small group studies of case examples.